Ok I have 3 posts that I should have updated about eons ago
1) Abg Izad's Wedding
2) Genting Trip
3) Bollywood Dance (oh yes...)
ABG IZAD'S WEDDINGI'll go with the wedding first.
The nikaah was on Friday, 13 March 2009.
Saturday, the 14th was the wedding at the girl's side...
a few tearful moments there when Ami Ajis broke down,
the Aunties were all so calm but they were all teary eyed
and Shab! At first her face maintained...then suddenly
she cannot tahan and then it was all over flowing...
I don't remember whether Veen was tearing...
we all knew how much arwah Mami wanted to see Abg Izad get married,
but she didnt get a chance to...
~
Anyway, after awhile we went back to
Lorong Sarina and rested and watched my hero Krrish for awhile on TV
then everyone slacked around before going home
to prepare for the next day, the wedding ceremony here at the guy's side, 15th Mar 09.
There was this thing Shab said about my uncle's side of the family
who
(YES KSU I SO AGREE!)is amongst the most ignorant ppl in the world!
And yah that cousin of theirs, that hip-hop wannabe guy
actually looked more like one of the teletubbies! (in a non cute way)
They even got a song that Shab specially composed for them
and it goes like this
go,go,go
go briyani its our favourite,
we like to eat like nobody's business
we're called the gedabak
cause we are so big!haha ok inside joke..
SO on the 15th it was our turn to entertain the guests
My family arrived at Lrg Sarina ard 10 plus I think
pity the cook.. actually spent the whole nite cooking according to veen and shab
who slept over there
anyway my family ate a bit first before the guests arrived
then went inside to check on everyone
This time for our family member wedding is a bit different,
instead of the usual
kompang or
bhangra,
we had
samra, an arabic form of dancing,
and the singer was our very own cousin, Abg Yazid...
I never heard him sing before and boy does he have
a great voice or what, I think thats a very nice thing he did for his
brother's wedding
btw i think hazim's a bit disappointed he didnt get
the cook's daughter's number haha,
i remember him asking me over and over again about her!!
(haha he's sooo gonna kill me if he knew i wrote this)
anyway here are some pictures..
this was on the 14th, when we were going to the girl's side

The Wedding Car
At the Bride's Side

Kak Dayah and Sheikh Md Hannan

Siti Helwa Asyura

Oh no need for introductions here

Kak Syida, Layla Isabella Rakowski, Big Al, Shabana

Kak Farhana and a little of Shab's pissed face there;)

I think she's trying to smile now

Abg Izad and gang arrives
After the whole thing at the girl's side, we went back...
oh wait... I've told this part before anyway
the next day on the 15th on our side...

Uzair was playing at the
pelamin/ dais with Layla

Ok here's the real bride and groom

I think it was his dream to wear something like that, like a general, major or warrior
something like that...

Then the Malay outfit

Then the Indian outfit
and yes, we're happy for you Abg Izad..
You're married now!

And that, on the red carpet is what they call the
samra,
a bunch of men dancing, I think...
and lemme give a clue, the Gedabaks are nearby, and if you remember
the hip-hop wannabe guy, just try to find those big shades

Abg Yazid here is singing with his group
Listen Helwa and Hannan, Dadday can sing!

And of course here are my 3 darlings
Kak Suhaila, Shabana, Parveen

Sorry Jimbo, the person you're looking for is not there...

Abg Izad dancing off to a song, with one of the singers

Layla, still very blur after she woke up,
and Helwa as cheerful as ever

Ooooh yea...oookk

My very own American football, Hannan nannan!
He's so round, he reminds me of football!

And that's the
berkat,
you know I was more than happy to be the beta tester of the
berkatsAnd from what I have tested, they have been approved!
and that's also what the Gedabaks were fighting for! darn!

After the wedding we kinda slacked again,
Parveen and Ksu

Shab and Me
Helped around for awhile with the stuff to pack and give to ppl,
speaking of which omg the Gedabaks...
its like they have this commandment in their heads
thou shalt always think of Biryanithou shalt not care about othersother than thous' own Gedabaks breedThese ppl are sparking off our creativity man!
and btw Shab, Jimbo made a continuation of your song in a rap
let's hear it
go,go,go
go briyani its our favourite,
we like to eat like nobody's business
we're called the gedabak
cause we are so big!we like to move it and shake it like thatwe are the Gedabaks and that's a factwe eat our biryanis like what the heck!Biryani world this is where it's at!Okay call us mean but what the heck! haha
I don't recall how many plastic bags each of them were carrying
how do we give the rice to our guests if you and your bunch took a whole load away?!
BAGHAL
another thing about weddings...
you will always somehow or another
be introduced to people you have never met in your life
and they will be like
Oooooh!! Sooo grown up! Have you finished school?
And you're like
Oooooh! I don't know youuu!
Ok but what came up was some
silly crappy words..
haizz..
Okaaay...I'll continue the Genting Trip and the Bollywood Dance soon...
Ciaoooz!
to those who bother