Thursday, April 01, 2010 ( 9:08 PM )
Omg I'm really in the mood to blog man! It had to take this event to happen that I'm blogging now! SO... we had this LJ Day going on today and yes I know, the day itself is a joke - I've been repeating this. *Take a breather....*drumroll* time to let it all out!
I came to school at 7.40am with the purest of intention to run the show as
smoothly as possible. No bus delays, no wrong buses, no gong-gong uncle not knowing
directions - yes they are that gong-gong.
I've already memorized the sequence in my mind, their locations and their timings
P5s will go first to their ACM
P2s up next to Changi Airport
P6s to National Museum
P4s to NEWater
P3s to Jacob Ballas
P1s to Geyalng East Library
Everything all planned out, the first 4 went on, though there were minor hiccups
with buses jamming the road and so on but there were no major thingys
ruining the whole journey - so far so good.
I didn't know I would be following any level until this morning itself.
I was going with the P3s to Jacob's - okay not bad, never been there
anyway so no complaints. I have two angels that I had to look out for according to
"Fatna".
Oh and guess what - I was placed with the makcikenek.
It just had to be huh? Fated la. Thought I was gonna be with baba but no.
Cos of the two kiddies whom I've set my eyes on - I had to be with
makcikenek.
ps: i know some ppl may not understand this "under-the-table" language cos its meant to be like that.
Lucky for that Meena there haha! Like really my saviour for the trip!
Our favourite phrase of the day after something happen -
*turns to each other with THE LOOK*
"What would I do without you?"
Dunno if I could survive alone with kenek man. Auntie much.
The start was a bit rough. Auntie was pissed bus driver wasn't in bus. Chill la babe.
He's just at the front, he's coming. -_-"
The two "Angels" were behaving well. One was really well. The other was like... well.
Upon reaching, I really bonded well with them kiddies. They ain't that bad.
I enjoyed myself honestly, loved it.
Don't talk about weather. That's out of the question. Besides all the crap mentioned, I was happy.
Went walking around here and there at Jacob's.
Girl asked me:Miss Hazimah! What's that fruit?
Me: *Thinking look* (Darn. What's that? See la, last time teacher teach don't wanna listen)
Girl interrupts "thought": Looks like durian!
Me: No durian has sharp ends, this one looks more like coconut.
Me: Hmm...ehhh there's the name there!
This is what happens when you bring a totally non-science person
to this kinda place. I won't be of much help. Zeerz.
After all the hullaballoo, we arrived in school around 5.20 or so.
12.45 to 5 at Jacob's was tiring but fruitful.
Now, this is where the real story starts.
I know I give too much prologue. Don't mind - I'm prone to being long-winded.
Since I came earlier, naturally I would think I could leave earlier.
Yes. You thought right. Dream on! Fat hope!
How could I even consider that?
Imagine this.
There I was in the pantry, sipping my oh so cool milo alone, thinking hey everything turned out fine, it wasn't so bad and I can go after this......
Hazimah!! All dreams crushed.
Yes?
One bus still hasn't returned.
Shit.
Okay I'll go call The Company.
Before you think oh this should be easy. Think again.
This company...*sigh....
where do I even begin?
Everytime I explain who I am, which sch I come from, what I want -
Ohhhh.... ok u hold on ahh
Another person comes in - AND
another round of explaining goes on again!
and THIS! This very explaining goes on for a minimum, I REPEAT a minimum
of 5 times on an average basis!
and I'm not even talking for just today BUT for every single freakin time
I have to call - THE COMPANY
oh and fret not
they are not local. (understand understood la ah)
So for
1) I have to repeat to you 5 times my intention of calling you to different random human beings you have passed the phone to
2) You don't understand a single thing I just said OR you repeat everything without understanding even the last smidgen of a word I said
3) My 1 call which comprised of all the above will always, ALWAYS be not only 1 call
BUT 3 to say the least or 5-6 to say the most
WHY DEAR BUS COMPANY WHY DO YOU TORTURE ME LIKE THIS
*PULLS HAIR!!!*
Oh ok that was a brief.
After I managed to bypass all that, the person finally said
Oh we've sent a driver there. So I thought k settled, driver otw already.
Called driver. Great. Grouchy Old Man.
Kept insisting he's turning to Botanics. Turning, turning.
I don't know how come his turning lasted for more than an hour. -_-"
Alot of calling in between.
Me -> Teacher -> Me -> Uncle -> Me -> Company -> Me ->Teacher, Company -> Teacher -> Me
-> Sch Office -> Parents -> Teacher -> Me -> Uncle -> Me
Nice pattern huh? *shakes head*
Please just send another driver please!
According to Grace(teacher),
Uncle got the cheek to say to her, "No I won't pick you up!"
Grouchy much.
Between teacher and driver, there were already squabbles.
Haiz really need to change company after contract ends.
Super duper long story made short.
Girls never made it in time for dismissal.
And best thing, the 4 flag bearers were girls from this class, and cos of that no singing,
no flag lowering.
And some of the girls too were taking sch buses home. It was pure havoc.
Rest of the girls taking same buses with girls not back were initially asked to remain behind to wait. But then school OM had made alternate arrangements with another sch bus driver to send late girls home. So rest of teachers remaining had to call up parents of late girls explaining why their precious aren't back yet, what happened blabla.
It was a sight to behold. No seriously. Panic at its peak. Imagine us strolling back and forth in the dimly lit staff room explaining to the parents.
"Hi, are you so and so's parent? I'm calling blablabla"
Wondering what kind of reply them parents would retort with.
Finally.
What time did I reach just now?
5.20pm
What time did they reach?
7.05pm
Which uncle pick them up?
Not that blehdy cheetot uncle who claimed he's turning of course.
Uncle, pls dont give me that crap. Who takes 1.5 hours to turn to Botanics Uncle?!
OM NOT PAYING THAT COMPANY!!!
HAHA IN YOUR FACE! Definitely need to change company next year. This one won't do.
Too much negativity going on. With all the miscommunication and language barrier.
No no no no no. I've had enough for today.
Thanks for reading my grunt of the day.
Poor AM had to explain the nitty grittys to the "People".
Details! I tell you! She wants details!
Surely she'll get a whole lot of feedback just for today's LJ.
"Mummyji" will also confirm ask me on Tue. *sigh*
Like as if she won't already know. But that's just her.
We'll talk about this some other day aite.
Oh and by the way, all girls were sent home. Last bus took girls at 7.40pm.
Teachers left shortly after.
Poor 3 Joy and Grace, Mrs Chan, Mdm Toh & Aunties, Faezah, Serene, Kenek, Baba, Aneesa, Sin Li and me of course.
Dancers who went for rehearsal also arrived not long after that.(They had their fair share of bus trouble also on the same day - Let's just not go there. Now you know my havoc so let's just nod in understanding okay?)
That's LJ Day for you.
01 April 2010.
And a really great "Learning Experience" for us.
Gracie Mille.
I wonder if this is the perfect ending for April Fools Day haha!
"Fatna" won't think so. Nope.
Not funny! No joke you know!
I'll add pics when I get them :)